The selection process is now open for the 24th edition of the Film Festival della Lessinia to be held in Bosco Chiesanuova (Verona – Italy) from 23 August to 1 September 2018.
The theme of the Film Festival della Lessinia is: Mountain Life, History, and Traditions.
Eligible for the Festival are both films and videos (features, shorts, documentaries, animated films) that represent, emphasize, and encourage the understanding of social, linguistic, human, economic, environmental, natural, historical, and artistic realities pertaining to the mountains or to other lands far from urban centres, as well as of the traditions, customs, and habits of the people who live in the mountains and in other distant lands.
Works about sports or mountaineering are excluded from the competition.
The following are necessary to enter the competition:
- link for viewing the work;
- completed entry form signed by the director, producer, or other rights holder;
- synopsis of the work and bio-filmography of the director (pdf);
- three stills from the film (pdf);
- one photograph of the director (pdf).
Works produced before 2017 or shown in previous editions of the Film Festival della Lessinia will not be considered for competition.
Works submitted for consideration in languages other than Italian must have English subtitles.
Material in electronic format must be sent to the following email address :firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight, 30 April 2019.
A selection committee that considers the content and artistic value of the works as well as the total number of screening hours in the Festival programme decides which works will be admitted for competition. The committee’s decisions are final and unequivocal. Works without sufficient technical quality, those of a primarily promotional nature, and those that fall outside the festival’s theme. The Festival reserves the right to accept other works out of competition, independent of their content and production year.
For the works selected for the Festival, the following are required:
- the post-production dialogue list in the original language or in the language of the subtitles, which is preferably English
- a copy of the work in the original format for screening, with English subtitles
- trailer, press kit, poster and any other promotional and informational materials.
The acceptable formats for screening at the Film Festival della Lessinia are:
- DCP video
- HDCam, Blu-ray Disc video
- video file in high-resolution
The screening calendar will be made public after the selection process is completed. The directors will be notified as soon as possible, to allow them to be present during their screenings.
An international jury, whose members will be announced at the beginning of the Festival, will award the following official prizes. The jury’s decisions are final and incontrovertible:
- Lessinia d’Oro including € 5,000 for the best film overall
- Lessinia d’Argento including € 3,000 for the best direction/director
- Prize for the best documentary film
- Prize for the best feature film
- Prize for the best short film
- Prize from the Curatorium Cimbricum Veronense in memory of Piero Piazzola and Mario Pigozzi for the best film by a young director, € 1,000
- Prize from the Parco della Lessinia for the best film about the relationship between Man and Nature
- Prize from the Cassa Rurale Bassa Vallagarina for the best film about the Tri-Veneto
- Prize from the Jury of Inmates of the Verona Prison
- Prize from the Young Jury
- Prize from the Public
- Prize from the Children
The directors, producers, or other rights holders to the works admitted to the Festival, whether in or outside competition, authorize the Film Festival della Lessinia to:
- air on national and international television stations and put on the Internet (YouTube, Vimeo and similar sites) excerpts of a maximum of 3 minutes for the exclusive purpose of promoting the Festival;
- conserve a copy of the work in digital format in its archive and make a trailer or excerpt (max. 3 minutes) of each work available for viewing on the Festival’s web portal
- use the copy of the film for the purposes of study, conservation, and diffusion of knowledge about cinema, always and in any case without any profit
- organize public screenings, in Italy and abroad, for the promotion of the Film Festival della Lessinia, always and in any case without any profit.
The directors, producers, or other rights holders to the works authorize the publication of their data on the website: www.ffdl.it and in the catalogue of the Film Festival della Lessinia and the sharing of this information with press organizations for promotional reasons, as well as their addition to the mailing list of the Festival according to current legal guidelines.
Disclosure: In accordance with the effects of DGL 196/2003 on the processing of personal data, we inform you that the data will be treated in full respect of the law and will not be disseminated or disclosed to third parties. By communicating your email address you consent to the handling of your personal data by external parties, for the sole purpose of receiving information about the Film Festival della Lessinia and its initiatives.
The inclusion of works in the Film Festival della Lessinia is free of charge and implies the complete acceptance of the rules contained in these Regulations.